Cash America understands the importance of education and consistently works to support education through vocational training, financial literacy, enrichment programs and student advancement. Through educational tools, community partnerships, teaching financial literacy courses and other programs, Cash America strives to encourage education throughout our communities.
Financial Education Program
As part of the commitment to financial education, Cash America, SuperPawn and Cashland partnered with the Community Financial Education Foundation (CFEF) to utilize websites created by CFEF. The websites include information about budgeting and saving, banking, borrowing money and credit management. The interactive educational tools teach users how to easily manage money.
Cash America proudly supports:
- Junior Achievement® − Cash America supports Junior Achievement by participating in the “JA In A Day” program. This program prepares young people for the real world by showing them how to generate wealth and effectively manage it, how to create jobs which make their communities more robust, and how to apply entrepreneurial thinking to the workplace. Volunteers from Cash America’s Downtown Fort Worth Office teach the program to all 3rd and 4th graders at one of the local schools during the spring semester.
- TCU SuperFrog Reading Challenge − Since 2006, Cash America has teamed up with Texas Christian University (TCU) in Fort Worth, Texas, to sponsor the TCU SuperFrog Reading Challenge − a program where student−athletes from the University’s 188 athletic programs partner with elementary schools in the Fort Worth Independent School District to encourage reading and improve reading skills. More than 5,000 students from grades three through five participate, and the winning class is rewarded with multiple incentives.
- Boy Scouts of America Longhorn Council
- Fort Worth Stock Show Syndicate Scholarship Fund
- Hazel Harvey Peace Scholarship Fund
- Junior League of Fort Worth